Senior Associate, Client Service
- Location: Bethesda, Maryland
- Category: Philanthropy-Accounting/Finance Nonprofit-Accounting/Finance
- Posting Date: 08/29/2022
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
ImpactAssets is the leading impact investing partner for individuals, families and philanthropists seeking to effect real change for people and planet. Bold yet pragmatic in our approach, ImpactAssets’ creativity and investment expertise ignites a deeply personal impact investing journey for clients - while we manage the complexities. Founded in 2010, ImpactAssets’ mission is to increase flows of capital to impact investing. Together, with our clients, we are catalyzing investment capital into mission driven business models solving the worlds’ biggest challenges. The result? A fast growing, dynamic organization with over $2 billion in assets under management and an activated community of 1,800 clients. This level of growth, vision and commitment equals great opportunities to grow a career at ImpactAssets. ImpactAssets is seeking a wide range of colleagues that share our urgency and audacity for driving outsized capital to impact investing. You dream big, have a track record for solving problems and know how to ‘get stuff done’.
The Client Service, Senior Associate role will be a critical part of our Client Service and broader Operations team, responsible for providing an excellent client experience throughout the entire client journey with ImpactAssets. This position will report to the Operations Officer and will work closely with our other Client Service, Operations, Client Engagement and Business Development colleagues to provide daily support, assist in related project implementations, and elevate and refine our client service. If you put value in building relationships, are committed to serving clients at the highest level, genuinely like helping people, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and have excellent communication skills, this role may be a great fit!
The Client Service role is a full time, remote position and can work from anywhere in the US with work hours aligning with Pacific Standard Time. As a remote, people-first culture, we care deeply about our team members’ connections to one another and as such, travel 2-3 times per year to company events will be required.
· Be a critical member of Client Service team by responding to inbound phone calls and emails about the company’s products, services, or client accounts
· Resolve client inquiries through timely responses and coordinating requests in the company’s ticket management system
· Work with clients to handle a variety of requests, including the ability to handle challenging situations in a professional and courteous manner
· Anticipate client needs and concerns, delivering solutions prior to client requests
Client and Team Support
· Data entry including logging client calls, recording notes, and maintaining appropriate records across various systems
· Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability and comfort to engage effectively with financial advisors and clients.
· Work closely with Operations, Client Engagement and Business Development colleagues to expedite the resolution of existing customer inquiries to maximize the customer experience
· Support our Professionally-Managed Account (PMA) financial advisor relationships through proactive outreach, when needed, and responsiveness to inbound requests
· Support reporting needs for clients and enterprise relationships as needed
· Identify and propose improvements to maximize efficiency, increase client satisfaction, and elevate our client service program
· Provide back up support for Donor Advised Fund (DAF) Operations functions, as needed
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
You are passionate about playing an integral role in evolving the impact investing space and possess the following qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, economics, or related field; least 3 years of experience in investment client service, a financial advisory office, custodian, donor advised fund client service or other similar role; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with clients, financial advisors and team members, passion for providing clients with an excellent client experience
· Demonstrated experience using technology to communicate effectively
· Understanding of investments and financial services, impact investing, donor advised funds, custodial relationships preferred
· Energetic and organized individual: highly attuned organizational skills, attention to detail, professional demeanor, ability to work independently and prioritize competing demands
· Well versed in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Office 360, Asana, Box. Freshdesk experience preferred.
· Experience working in a virtual working environment
ImpactAssets Perks & Benefits:
· Unique benefits, including virtual work stipend and contribution to employee’s own Donor Advised Fund
· Competitive salary, 401(k) plan, and generous time off plan
· Comprehensive benefits package including full health and wellness coverage
· Opportunity for career development in a fast-paced, progressive organization
ImpactAssets is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We know our organization is at its best when we include, celebrate and embrace difference. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our mission, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
ImpactAssets is an unconventional 501(c)(3) on a mission to change investing. We drive a ‘for-profit’ model and innovate with ‘non-profit’ flexibility. We are ‘investment revolutionaries’ who believe that intentional capital makes the biggest impact on people and planet. We are currently 30+ strong, spanning across San Francisco, New York City and Bethesda, MD. And we’re only just getting started!