Advanced Manufacturing Instructor
- Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College
- Location: Moorefield, West Virginia
- Category: Faculty-Engineering-Industrial & Manufacturing
- Posting Date: 09/01/2022
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
- Participate in three-day instructor training workshop to support curriculum implementation and NIMS Industrial Technology Maintenance (ITM) accreditation procedures (date/location to be determined).
- Facilitate instructional practices to support a diverse learning population with various levels of ability.
- Curriculum will include the following: Duty Area 2 - Basic Mechanical Systems, Duty Area 5 - Electrical Systems, Duty Area 6 - Electronic Control Systems, and Duty Area 7 - Process Control Systems.
- Utilize formative and summative assessment to evaluate participant performance.
- Coordinate and implement appropriate instructional technology software/hardware into course delivery.
- Utilize computer-based student management program to track participation and industry engagement activities.
- Must be able to work independently with strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to participate in local and regional sector meetings to engage with workforce and industry shareholders.
- Must be able to maintain open communication with Case Manager regarding recruitment and participant progression.
- Support Project Manager and/or Consortium Director in the development of regional articulation and reciprocity agreements.
- Education – Associates Degree in Industrial Manufacturing of related field (preferred) with minimum of four 4-years relevant work experience in Machining, Industrial Maintenance, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Experience - Experience teaching adult learners preferred. In lieu of formal teaching experience, will substitute facilitating professional training and workshops.
- Some travel may be required throughout the service district. Responsibilities require availability and willingness to work evenings and weekends (if required).