Part time Math Instructor
- Washtenaw Community College
- Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Category: Faculty-Science-Mathematics
- Posting Date: 12/05/2022
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Part time Math Instructor
Full Job Description
Why Join WCC ?
- An inclusive, welcoming environment for our students, faculty & staff
- WCC tuition waiver of 3 credit hours per semester
- Retirement options and flexible schedules available
- Great Discounts at WCC’s Health & Fitness Center, Barnes & Noble Bookstore and more!
Washtenaw Community College (WCC) is seeking Part time Math Instructors to teach Math (MTH) credit courses. Needs may become available each semester. Upon successful submission of your application, cover letter, resume, and transcripts, you will be considered for future part-time and/or on-call teaching opportunities on a per course basis.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain environment conducive to student learning.
- Prepare for and instruct assigned course(s) through the use of appropriate learning experiences and materials which provide the opportunity to meet overall course objectives and program goals.
- Adhere to course syllabus and comply with Assessment of Student Academic Achievement.
- Evaluate student progress through day to day evaluation, written examinations and overall observation.
- Grade assignments in a meaningful way to promote continued student growth, returning graded assignments to students in a timely manner, and assigning final grades for all students, meeting or beating all institutional deadlines for completion.
- Actively support student success through guidance, advising and assisting individual students as needed.
- Participate in professional activities, which could include, but are not limited to, curriculum planning, examination development, textbook selection, program evaluation/revision and other professional planning activities.
- Participate in the Student Opinion Questionnaire (SOQ) process.
- Maintain levels of professional knowledge and expertise, including compliance training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Hours/Schedule: Schedules vary according to class schedules. Part time Instructors may teach up to (8) eight contact hours per week or 120 contact hours per semester. The terms of employment are based on college enrollment and class enrollment.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Earned Master’s degree or higher from a regionally-accredited institution in Mathematics OR master’s degree with minimum of 18 graduate credits in Mathematics.
Our college strives to make a positive difference in people’s lives through accessible and excellent educational programs and services.
Washtenaw Community College seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve our diverse community and to build on the success of our students faculty & staff. Washtenaw Community College is committed to creating an inclusive, welcoming environment.
Washtenaw Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Professional Instructor (Non-Adjunct) $947 per one (1) course contact hour The course contact hour divided by 15 equals the clock hour rate (i.e., $947/15 = $63.15) Normally a three (3) credit hour course in either Fall or Winter Semester would typically equal three (3) course contact hours.