Pro Bono Initiatives Paralegal
- Fordham University
- Location: New York, New York
- Category: Admin-Legal Affairs
- Posting Date: 02/10/2023
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Pro Bono Initiatives Paralegal
Law School, Lincoln Center
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
- Fordham University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to its employees, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- We offer tuition remission for employees and their dependents
- A generous immediate employer match towards a 403(b) retirement plan.
- As a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), Fordham is considered a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, a federal program designed to forgive student loan debt for employees of certain public and certain nonprofit employers.
- As part of its work-life balance program, the University provides generous PTO including 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, 2 personal days, 6 summer Fridays, and holidays that include paid time off between Christmas and New year.
- University employees have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP provides no-cost, professional, and confidential services, to help employees and family members address a variety of personal, family, life, and work-related issues.
The Pro Bono Initiatives Paralegal serves a critical role in supporting the Feerick Center for Social Justice’s access-to-justice pro bono initiatives. The Paralegal will provide extensive programmatic and administrative support to the Center’s pro bono initiatives, including helping to oversee limited-scope clinics, coordinating all aspects of volunteer programming, assisting with grants compliance and data collection, and interfacing with clients as necessary.
- Oversees all administrative aspects of CLARO Programs and manages data and recording-keeping as needed, including for grant reporting.
- Serves as lead non-attorney staff person for fast-paced, client-facing in-person and remote CLARO clinics, which includes responsibility for planning, staffing, and the running of clinics with a client and community-centered focus;
- Provides paralegal support for CLARO: conducts prescreen, intakes clients, prepares and updates templates and documents for attorneys and CLARO clients, liaises with court staff, and incorporates and supports the use of technology in providing legal services.
- Manages outreach and communications related to CLARO Programs, including community and prospective client engagement, training, engagement with partner organizations, and volunteer management.
- Works on the Center’s other pro bono programs, which may include supporting immigration, educational equity, and/or veteran’s rights programming.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with community outreach and engagement including through social media
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice, including anti-racism and economic justice
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well collaboratively
- Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience working with case management systems (preferably LegalServer) and other databases
- Grant reporting experience
- Position requires some evening hours to staff CLARO clinics and other events.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
- Associate’s Degree in a relevant field (social services for example) or equivalent work experience
- Paralegal and or administrative support work experience
- Spanish language proficiency
- Well-developed written and public speaking skills
- Proficiency with Google Workspace applications including Google Sheets
Minimum Starting Salary: $58,500
Maximum Starting Salary: $62,500
Note: Salary is commensurate with qualifications, experience, and skills.
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/4599
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Please mention you saw this ad on HigherEdPost