z. Adjunct Instructor - Instrumentation & Electronics
- Victoria College
- Location: Victoria, Texas
- Category: Faculty-Vocational & Technical-Electronics
- Posting Date: 03/22/2023
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
- Position Summary
Victoria College's Division of Career and Technical Education is recruiting for an Adjunct Instructor to teach Instrumentation & Electronics beginning January 2023.
Salary is based on instructional units (one instructional unit is equivalent to 16 contact hours per semester).
$612/per instructional unit in the Fall/Spring/Summer
- Duties & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for providing instruction to students in a meaningful classroom and laboratory learning environment.
- Associate degree in Instrumentation, Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering or one of the qualifying fields, or Bachelor's degree and one of the qualifying fields
- Minimum of three years working in the instrumentation field
- A demonstrated commitment to serving a diverse array of students, to the community college mission, and to academic excellence
- An advanced degree
- Minimum of five years in hands-on instrumentation in the petroleum, power or chemical industry
- Teaching experience
- Administrative and leadership skills
- Computer literacy
- Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to demonstrate proper and safe techniques of the trade. This includes the ability to use arms, hands, legs and fingers for use of the tools and equipment. Employee will be required to sit and reach with hands and arms as well as, sit, stand, and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, some color vision, and the ability to adjust focus from documents to computer screen. Hearing of light to moderate sound is required by this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please mention you saw this ad on HigherEdPost