z. Adjunct Instructor - Concert Band
- Victoria College
- Location: Victoria, Texas
- Category: Faculty-Engineering-Other Engineering
- Posting Date: 03/22/2023
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
- Position Summary
Victoria College is recruiting for an Adjunct Instructor to teach face-to-face Concert Band classes. This position begins in the Fall 2023 semester.
Salary Based on Instructional Units (one instructional unit is equivalent to 16 contact hours per semester).
$612/per instructional unit in the Fall/Spring/Summer
- Duties & Responsibilities
- Rehearse combined college and community ensemble (meets one evening per week)
- Recruit students and community members for the ensemble
- Choose repertoire, rehearse, and conduct a minimum of one performance each semester (prefer two or more)
- Coordinate with department chair and community groups about performance dates at least one semester in advance
- Complete publicity information for VC Marketing Department
- Send program information to Marketing for design and printing
- Coordinate equipment moves for performances with department chair and maintenance
- Master's degree in music or music education with at least 18 graduate hours in music (unofficial transcripts are required for all graduate level work).
- Graduate level university degree in instrumental conducting or equivalent field
- Previous conducting experience including program selection experience
- Playing experience in a professional or semi-professional ensemble
- Strong knowledge of concert band literature
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle controls, key pads, etc. Will be required to sit and reach with hands and arms as well as, sit, stand and walk. The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds while moving equipment for performances. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, some color vision, and the ability to adjust focus from documents to computer screen. Hearing of light to moderate sound is required by this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please mention you saw this ad on HigherEdPost